Sunday, October 25, 2009

The End is Nigh

In just about a month, I'll finally be done with what turned out to be a summer-wrecking odyssey in to the world of beer. Since June I've been a student of the American Brewers Guild Intensive Brewing Science and Engineering school, essentially doggy-paddling my way through malting, fermentation, and flavor biochemistry, microbiological beer analysis, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, sensory science, beer maturation, clarification, water chemistry and much more. It's been fascinating to see the brewing process all the way down to the molecular level, but I'm really ready to be done. Since starting the course, most of my free time is spent in the den reading or watching dvd lectures. My family and friends are ready for me to be done too. The house renovation is on hold and I haven't thrown a leg over a bike since June. (;_;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah! I'm Jon Tomas and I also have an interesting adventure bi my bicycle on this summer. So amazing